2014-09-11 - 2014-09-12
0:00 - 0:00
Ircam , PARIS, 75004, FRANCE
Deadline for abstract submission: 13 June 2014
This is an announcement for the Unfold Mechanics for Sounds and Music|colloquium|2014 that will take place at IRCAM in Paris, France from 11 to 12 September 2014.
Geometers will meet acousticians to discuss non-linear vibration, from its modelling to its control, and its potential impact on sound synthesis and music performance. The aim of the colloquium is to present research devoted to geometric methods (in a broad sense) in mechanics and control theory, and intends to facilitate interaction between theory and applications to musical acoustics.
Advances in the following topics are welcome
- Geometry of mechanical systems with active constraints
- Non-linear vibration
- Active control of vibration (both linear and non-linear)
- Application to sound synthesis & musical instruments
- Differential geometry and symmetry
- Geometric and optimal control theory
- Geometric methods in dynamical systems
- Symplectic and Poisson geometry and their applications to mechanics
The journal “Robotica” proposes a special issue of his journal dedicated to the main topics of the workshop.
In addition, a second aim of the colloquium is to initiate an international consortium in order to construct a project to be funded with support from the European Commission.
IRCAM, UMR 9912 (IRCAM/CNRS/UPMC)Instrumental Acoustics Team1 place I. Stravinsky 75004 Paris, France
UPMC, Université Pierre et Marie Curie UPMCInstitut de Mathématique de Jussieu (IMJ)