Oct 11, 2017 - Nov 06, 2017
Call for composers, engineers, computer-music designers
ManiFeste-2018, the academy, June 18-30, 2018 @Paris, France
IRCAM’s multidisciplinary festival and academy, ManiFeste, the rendezvous for creation in Paris, places music in disciplines beyond the concert: theatre, dance, digital arts, visual arts. 130 young composers and performers from the world over take part in the academy every year. In 2018, the academy invites the composers Franck Bedrossian, Stefano Gervasoni and Marko Nikodijevic, the theater directors Joris Lacoste and Daniel Jeanneteau for two new In Vivo Théâtre workshops, the soloists from the Ensemble intercontemporain (ensemble associated with the academy), and the Orchestre Philharmonique de Radio France.
Requisite requirements, description, instrumentation, registration fee are provided online www.ircam.fr It is the applicant’s responsability to ensure she/he understands and meets the workshop or course information.
Applicants must be born after January 1, 1986.
– Large Orchestra, June 18-23
– Conducted Ensemble, June 18-30
– Chamber Music, June 18-30
– In Vivo Théâtre Daniel Jeanneteau, June 4-22
– In Vivo Théâtre Joris Lacoste, June 18-30
Performance for Electroacoustic Music
No age limit.
– June 18-30
How to apply
Applicants are request to submit in English:
– personal information (including a head-shot picture and ID)
– biographic details (including a short biography)
– 3 works (scores, audio, video files and/or links, please read carrefully instructions in the form, according to the workshop you want to apply for)
– documents (questionnaire is mandatory for In Vivo Théâtre and Electroacoustic Performance Workshop)
Do not forget to read carrefully consent and release form at the end of your application!
For any request, please contact email@example.com
Open from Wednesday, October 11 until Monday, November 6, 2017 (Noon Paris GMT) on ULYSSES platform.
Jury’s selection in December is irrevocable.
All candidates will receive a personal answer by e.mail at least on Thursday, December 14, 2017.