Administrateur

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of marco

OpenMusic Sound Synthesis and Processing Libraries

Groupe Public active 2 weeks et 3 days ago

This group focuses on the usage of OpenMusic in relation to sound synthesis and processing, particularly
on the audio objects and the libraries OM2Csound, OM-ASX, OM-Chant, OMChroma, OMPrisma, OM-Spat and OM-SuperVP.

Basic question: interpolation with sub-1?

Auteur 2 Utilisateurs souscrits |
Profile photo of MariaRose
MariaRose

Hi All

theres a very basic question of the use of sub-1:

why is it not possible to give a bpf as frequency value? (synthesize works but he is not interpolating)

how else can I interpolate between values using sub-1?

Thnks a lot,
all the Best

Lena

Juillet 27, 2018 à 00:08 #27270
Profile photo of Jean
Jean

Hi Lena,

As far as I can tell the SUB-1 instrument works with static values for most of its parameters (except , the amplitude enveloppe).

I guess a more elaborate version of it (e.g. with envelopes/BPFs for and other parameters) would require programmint a new instrument n Csound, then create the correspondoing OM class.

Jean

Juillet 28, 2018 à 08:48 #27278
MariaRose

Dear Jean

Thanks for reply. Cool idea, I didnt thought about that. I will try it out!
Thank you!

.. and another question 😉
is there anywhere more information (more than that file:///Applications/OM%206.13.app/Contents/Resources/reference/synthesize.html)
about the synthesize function?
especially at the moment I am interessted in information about :run and :patch.
Maybe somebody could explain it if theres no more detailed documentation about it.

Thanks!

All the best

Lena

Juillet 28, 2018 à 13:11 #27279
Profile photo of Jean
Jean

SYNTHESIZE is a generic functions used to call adequate synthesis functions for various kinds of OM objects. It is used in the OMChroma and OM-Chant libraries.

The :run argument determines whether you want to synthesize the sound, or just get the params generated for synthesis:
If this is NIL and you are in Csound synthesis process (in OMChroma), synthesize will return the pathnames of the generated .orc and .sco files, instead of the pathname of the synthesized file. If you are running Chant synthesis in OM-Chant, synthesize will return the pathname to the synthesis-control SDIF file.
T is the more usual case (return a synthesized sound) but NIL can be useful for debugging your patch, by viewing what is the resulting control data. It can also be useful if you want to delay or defer the synthesis process and keep (or archive) the CSound/Chant control files.

:patch is used only in OM-Chant. It is used to determine which Chant “patch” (= configuration of the synthesizer) you want to use. In general the Chant synthesis is able to determine this automatically given the type of input data, but you might want to explicit or force a different patch in some cases.
See also: http://support.ircam.fr/docs/om-libraries/om-chant/co/Intro.html

Jean

ps. you should probably start a new discussion thread about this. The group admins should be able to do it from here using the “Split” command.

Juillet 30, 2018 à 08:03 #27297
MariaRose

Dear Jean

Thanks for that detailled reply!
That patch mode is really interessting..

Ok sry, I thougth about it.. next time.
Maybe the admins could split it.

All the Best

Lena

Juillet 30, 2018 à 09:26 #27299

Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.