Administrateur

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of Jean

OpenMusic

Groupe Public active 2 days et 12 hours ago

User group for OpenMusic and computer-aided composition. Visit the Forum for discussions.

Use of SDIF Files

Auteur 2 Utilisateurs souscrits |
Profile photo of zenouda
zenouda

Hello

I’m new in Open Music.

Someone can help me in the use of SDIF files ?

I use AS==>OM or SDIF==>CHORD-SEQ as the tutorials but the results are very very strange in front of the initials Audio Files.

I suppose that the problem come from how I produce SDIF Files, I Use Spear for that but may be I don’t use the right parameters… ????
Someone has an idea ?
Best regards
Hervé

Juillet 24, 2018 à 23:29 #27248
Profile photo of Karim
Karim

Dear Herve,

this will depend on the nature of your source sound. If you are talking about As->OM, then it is a partial analysis you are doing with Audiosculpt. So it is an audiosculpt issue, meaning you should probably tune your Analysis parameters in audiosculpt. By the way you have presets you can use (in AS) for such matters. (cf. audiosculpt Documentation)

Best K

Juillet 24, 2018 à 23:43 #27250
Profile photo of zenouda
zenouda

OK Thanks…
Hervé

Juillet 24, 2018 à 23:51 #27251
Profile photo of zenouda
zenouda

Hello
A very basic question, on a Chord-Seq box, there is on the Up left of the box a small place which get different values, you can block the result you get in the Box, but you have also 1, 2 or a Arrow down.
What is it exactly because depend of value I can evaluate or not the boxes under this box…

Best
Hervé

Juillet 26, 2018 à 21:49 #27264
Profile photo of Karim
Karim

Dear Herve ,

Here are some answers about the Box modes (doing this on the fly):

1) first one “x” is the locked mode. Its purpose is to lock the last evaluation statet of a box or editor so
2) second (if i rremember well doing it without OM) is the Lambda mode. Its purpose is touse a method or a function for a lambda call such as mapcar .
3) the down arrow. This is rather peculiar to lisp. It means this returns the “thing” itself. useful for macros
4) there is also the “1” mode. This is for “eval once”. Useful for example in when a box is connected twice or more to other calls. It will be called once and not n times. (cf. the tutorial on om-random for more concrete example…)

Sorry, but i don’t have for the time being OM on my computer.

Best
K

Juillet 27, 2018 à 00:03 #27269

Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.