WARNING!
With the new Ircam Forum website coming, the user groups will be migrated towards a new platform.
Please plan user groups downtime between Monday, March 25th and Tuesday, March 26th.

Group Admins

• Profile picture of echeveste
  • Profile picture of Jean-Louis Giavitto
  • Profile picture of Philippe Cuvillier
  • Profile picture of arshiacont

Antescofo

Public Group active 3 weeks ago

The user group for Antescofo.

[Linux]: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

Tagged: , ,

Author 3 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of cordelia
cordelia

Trying to get Antescofo to work on Linux, Pd gives the following error:

wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

I guess it’s something about conflicting 32bit/64bit libs, but I have no idea how to deal with that.
Could anyone point me into the right direction?

I’m working on a 64bit system, pd and pd-extended are both 64bit versions.

Thank you!

\c

June 20, 2014 at 13:46 #9645
Jean-Louis Giavitto
Jean-Louis Giavitto

Hello Cordelia.
Your are right: the message corresponds to a clash between a 64-bit system trying to use a 32-bit library. The Antescofo Linux/PD version has been compiled for 32 bits. We have 64 bit version for Mac, but we do not have an easy access to a Linux 64 bit environment. We will try to find one, but it will take some time.

The modern 64 bits processors are fully backwards compatible with 16-bit and 32-bit x86 code. So, in the mean time, you can try to install the 32 bits version of PD on your 64 bits system. For instance, on Ubuntu or Debian, the so-called “Multiarch” makes this relatively easy cf.
why-does-my-64-bit-system-look-for-32-bit-repos/
how-do-i-run-32-bit-programs-on-a-64-bit-debian-ubuntu

When you have a 32 bits version of PD running, it should accept the Antescofo object (perhaps you should install the ia32-libs compatibility library if it not already done).

June 20, 2014 at 15:00 #9646
Profile photo of cordelia
cordelia

Thank you, it works fine now.

/c

June 25, 2014 at 21:58 #9704
Profile photo of
Anonymous

Hi Cordelia,

in attachment to this post you will find a working antescofo~ object
for Linux/Puredata 64-bit. You just have to unzip it and put it near your pd patch.
Please try it and send us feedback, as it will be included in next Antescofo release!

Regards,
Thomas Coffy

July 8, 2014 at 09:22 #9887

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.