Group Admins

• Profile picture of picasso
  • Profile picture of Axel Roebel

AudioSculpt

Public Group active 4 hours, 6 minutes ago

User Group for AudioSculpt, AudioSculpt Lite and Analysis/Synthesis Command-line Tool users.

EASDIF and Python

Author 3 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of António Florença
António Florença

Hello,

Following a suggestion made on this forum, I’m finally getting into librosa and into Python more broadly. Looking around for packages dealing with SDIF, I came across EASDIF, developped by IRCAM researchers. My question is twofold, is it still available for current versions of macOS (I’m on Mojave, 10.14) and Python 3? If so, what would be the necessary steps to have it installed and running on my system?

Any input on this, and SDIF in Python generally, would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,
António

March 6, 2019 at 00:22 #29897
Axel Roebel
Axel Roebel

Hi Antonio,

I tried to to reply to this question for now about 10 times, it just does not pass. May be too many links in the reply ? I try here to add all the content as a txt
attachment.

Best
Axel

Attachments:
  1. reply.txt
  2. reply.txt
March 7, 2019 at 11:50 #29938
António Florença

Thank you so much for this, Axel. Everything is working smoothly.

For macOS Mojave users, if you’re not going for the conda version (please read Axel’s detailed instructions above), you should be aware that Xcode 10 won’t do, you should be sure you have Xcode 9 installed in your system (the command-line tools should suffise). You can get older versions of Xcode here: https://developer.apple.com/

March 12, 2019 at 14:15 #29999
Axel Roebel
Axel Roebel

Hi Antonio,

fine that it worked for you, and interesting that we have a problem with Xcode 10. Unfortunately, I am not yet on High Sierra or let alone
Mojave, but that will come.

In case you can easily reproduce the error it might be interesting for us if you open an issue on SDIF Sourceforge, or if you prefere github you could also create an issue in a manually maintained (and probably a little bit outdated) copy of the EASDIF repos on github here

https://github.com/roebel/EASDIF_SDIF

Best
Axel

March 15, 2019 at 10:43 #30034
António Florença

Hello Axel,

I’m neither on Github or SourceForge, so I’ll leave the error I got here. The issue is that “stdlibc++” is no longer supported by Xcode 10. Here’s the error I got:

iMac:easdif antonioflorenca$ make pythonswig
Scanning dependencies of target Easdif_static_pic
[ 0%] Building CXX object easdif/CMakeFiles/Easdif_static_pic.dir/sdifentity.cpp.o
warning: include path for stdlibc++ headers not found; pass ‘-std=libc++’ on the command
line to use the libc++ standard library instead [-Wstdlibcxx-not-found]
/Users/antonioflorenca/EASDIF_SDIF/easdif/sdifentity.cpp:271:10: fatal error: ‘iostream’
file not found
#include <iostream>
^~~~~~~~~~
1 warning and 1 error generated.
make[3]: *** [easdif/CMakeFiles/Easdif_static_pic.dir/sdifentity.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [easdif/CMakeFiles/Easdif_static_pic.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [swig/python/CMakeFiles/pythonswig.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [pythonswig] Error 2

Hope this helps.

All the best,
António

March 17, 2019 at 13:24 #30088
Profile photo of Frederic Cornu
Frederic Cornu

António, I think the issue with libstdc++ can be solved by adding -DUSE_LLVM_STD:BOOL=ON to the cmake command line, so that it should read:
cmake ../EASDIF_SDIF -DPYTHON:PATH=python3 -DEASDIF_DO_PYTHON:bool=on -DUSE_LLVM_STD:BOOL=ON
I don’t have access to Mojave either (and hence to Xcode 10), so there might be other errors, but if you report these maybe we can fix them (there were some before related to the default version of the C++ standard)

March 18, 2019 at 12:32 #30092

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.