Modalys physical modeling sound synthesis user group

Modalys 3.4.2 release!

Author 6 Subscribed Users |
Robert P.
Robert P.

Hi Modalys friends!

The official version of Modalys 3.4.2 has finally been wrapped up:
http://forumnet.ircam.fr/modalys-3-4-2-released/

In particular we hope you’ll enjoy the Instruments for Max Series (focused on percussions here, but more is coming…)

– Robert

November 17, 2015 at 17:55 #16093
Profile photo of pagliei
pagliei

Hi Robert,

thank you,

I’ve just tested some tri-hybrid instruments and I had the same HYPER DISTORTED sound than in the previous modalys version, when I evaluate the instrument. Even if I love distortion, I would like to decide when it occurs 😉

could you confirm that the problem occurs for you too ?

Here on OSX El Capitan 10.11.1
MacBook Pro (15″ Early 2011)
2,2 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB DDR3 a 1333 MHz

— Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. —
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Profile photo of pagliei pagliei.
November 17, 2015 at 19:22 #16103
Profile photo of pagliei
pagliei

And here too.

— Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. —
November 17, 2015 at 19:23 #16104
Profile photo of jarosmartin
jarosmartin

Hi,

I yet have to try it in El Capitan but I would like to report what happens in my Mountain Lion when running the Modalisp examples. See attached.

Attachments:
  1. modalys

modalys.png

2. modalys

modalys.png

November 29, 2015 at 21:35 #16320
Profile photo of coraliediatkine
coraliediatkine

Hi,

I just downloaded this new version. The online user manual explains that the Max/modalys folder must be dropped in the MaxMSP Application folder, but the release notes mentions that each component should be dropped manually in the corresponding folders. Could you please specify what the procedure should be?
Thank you!

Coralie

March 3, 2016 at 09:43 #17308
Profile photo of maestrorulez
maestrorulez

Hey,
For Max: There should be a “Max 7/Library” Folder in your Documents Folder. Max automatically searches that folder for 3rd party externals when starting up. Just drop the “Applications/Modalys/Components/Max/modalys” folder into the “Max 7/Library” folder. After that start Max and make the new object modalys~ in an empty patcher. Then you can click on it and open the help.

cheers

March 3, 2016 at 09:52 #17310
Profile photo of maestrorulez
maestrorulez

If Max isn’t recognizing it after that, open Max, go to “Options->File Preferences” and add the “Documents/Max 7/Library” Folder

March 3, 2016 at 09:55 #17311
coraliediatkine

Thanks. I forgot to specify that I’m still on Max 6. There is a Max folder in my Docs directory. I guess it’s similar to the Max7/Library directory.

March 3, 2016 at 10:02 #17312
Profile photo of Emmanuel Jourdan
Emmanuel Jourdan

You can put the folder in your ~/Documents/Max/Packages (Max 6), or ~/Documents/Max 7/Packages (… Max7).

March 8, 2016 at 14:00 #17399
coraliediatkine

Thanks Emmanuel.

March 8, 2016 at 14:02 #17400

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.