Group Admins

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of marco

OpenMusic Sound Synthesis and Processing Libraries

Public Group active 7 hours, 28 minutes ago

This group focuses on the usage of OpenMusic in relation to sound synthesis and processing, particularly
on the audio objects and the libraries OM2Csound, OM-ASX, OM-Chant, OMChroma, OMPrisma, OM-Spat and OM-SuperVP.

Modalys interference?

Author 2 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of fdsdb
fdsdb

Hi All,

I have noticed a curious phenomenon. If I open a workspace with Modalys lib selected and loading since opening fo workspace, some patches that use audio give me a lot of various and strange errors. If I deselect Modalys lib in preferences, shut down OM and restart it (that is without Modalys lib loaded inopening of the workspace), the same patches run perfectly. I enclose one of these patches for example. With reference to enclosed patch, when problem appears, I see that the various temp audio files that the patch should have to generate, are not created, so it is not possible to have final sound by mixing temporary audio files.
I am on OsX 10.8.5, OM 6.12 and last version of Modalys lib.
Can anyone explain me what is the matter, please?
Thank you in advance

fdsdb

July 12, 2017 at 14:07 #23012
Profile photo of Jean
Jean

Hi Fabio.

Modalys changes the Lisp environment default “read” format for floats from single-float to double-float.
This has some impact in the way float numbers are formatted in SuperVP parameter files, which probably cause your troubles.

I’ll try to make OM-SuperVP more adapted to that.
In the meantime, you can just evaluate :
(setf cl:*read-default-float-format* 'double-float)
after loading Modalys so as to restore the default float format.

Jean

July 25, 2017 at 12:10 #23188

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.