Group Admins

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of marco

OpenMusic Sound Synthesis and Processing Libraries

Public Group active 2 days, 11 hours ago

This group focuses on the usage of OpenMusic in relation to sound synthesis and processing, particularly
on the audio objects and the libraries OM2Csound, OM-ASX, OM-Chant, OMChroma, OMPrisma, OM-Spat and OM-SuperVP.

OM 6.12 and OM-Chroma

Author 2 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of fdsdb
fdsdb

Hi All,

In opening a workspace created with precedent versions of OM, version 6.12 gives me the following error: “This workspace can not be loaded because i don’t find the library OMChroma”. But libraries preferences in OM 6.12 are set to point to right libraries folder, and if I create a new workspace I can load OM-Chroma without problems.

Thank you in advance for suggestions.

Best

fdsdb

March 17, 2017 at 17:18 #21917
Profile photo of fdsdb
fdsdb

Hi All,

A little update on precedent troubleshooting.
The problem in old WorkSpace is due to a user/Chroma User folder with some classes created by get-instrument and successive procedure (see online documentation) in OMChroma.
If I remove the folder I can open precedent WorkSpace without problem.
I have tried to import user OMChroma classes in a new WorkSpace, or to create again the OMChroma user classes, but also with new user-defined OMChroma classes I have the same problem: the new class runs, but if I close and reopen the Workspace I obtain the same error: “This workspace can not be loaded because i don’t find the library OMChroma”.
So I must remove user/Chroma User folder to be able to use new WorkSpace, too.
Must I delete some hidden preference in some OsX folder?
I am on OsX 10.8.5.

Any suggestion is welcome, thank you in advance.

fdsdb

April 18, 2017 at 16:16 #22143
Profile photo of MarcoBidin
MarcoBidin

Hello all,

I am working with OM 6.12 and OS 10.10.5
I am experiencing the same problems fdsdb has.
If I try to create a new class with get-instruments, I cannot open the workspace again unless I delete the newly created class.
(Compressing the file and leaving it in the user folder works too)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Marco

April 25, 2017 at 10:41 #22188

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.