Group Admins

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of marco

OpenMusic Sound Synthesis and Processing Libraries

Public Group active 4 days ago

This group focuses on the usage of OpenMusic in relation to sound synthesis and processing, particularly
on the audio objects and the libraries OM2Csound, OM-ASX, OM-Chant, OMChroma, OMPrisma, OM-Spat and OM-SuperVP.

OM 6.12 and OM-Chroma

Author 3 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of fdsdb
fdsdb

Hi All,

In opening a workspace created with precedent versions of OM, version 6.12 gives me the following error: “This workspace can not be loaded because i don’t find the library OMChroma”. But libraries preferences in OM 6.12 are set to point to right libraries folder, and if I create a new workspace I can load OM-Chroma without problems.

Thank you in advance for suggestions.

Best

fdsdb

March 17, 2017 at 17:18 #21917
Profile photo of fdsdb
fdsdb

Hi All,

A little update on precedent troubleshooting.
The problem in old WorkSpace is due to a user/Chroma User folder with some classes created by get-instrument and successive procedure (see online documentation) in OMChroma.
If I remove the folder I can open precedent WorkSpace without problem.
I have tried to import user OMChroma classes in a new WorkSpace, or to create again the OMChroma user classes, but also with new user-defined OMChroma classes I have the same problem: the new class runs, but if I close and reopen the Workspace I obtain the same error: “This workspace can not be loaded because i don’t find the library OMChroma”.
So I must remove user/Chroma User folder to be able to use new WorkSpace, too.
Must I delete some hidden preference in some OsX folder?
I am on OsX 10.8.5.

Any suggestion is welcome, thank you in advance.

fdsdb

April 18, 2017 at 16:16 #22143
Profile photo of MarcoBidin
MarcoBidin

Hello all,

I am working with OM 6.12 and OS 10.10.5
I am experiencing the same problems fdsdb has.
If I try to create a new class with get-instruments, I cannot open the workspace again unless I delete the newly created class.
(Compressing the file and leaving it in the user folder works too)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Marco

April 25, 2017 at 10:41 #22188
Profile photo of Jean
Jean

Hi there. You’re right. As Marco reported previously there’s an issue with the startup sequence which makes OM load user classes before checking for external libraries.
I think you can fix this but putting the following code fix in OM 6.12/patches/
If it works, this fix will be included in future updates.
All best,

May 1, 2017 at 10:15 #22233
Profile photo of fdsdb
fdsdb

Hi Jean,

Thank you very much, the patch works on OsX (version 10.8.5), but it seems not working on Linux. Here I am using Fedora 20, and OM 6.12 is not installed by .rpm package, but I have downloaded the executable and put it in a folder of my home directory, with audio libraries compiled by myself (I don’t remember the exact procedure fo compilation, there should be trace on some discussion on OM Linux group).
I hope this observations can be of some utility.

Thank you again, ciao

Fabio

May 2, 2017 at 07:32 #22240
Profile photo of MarcoBidin
MarcoBidin

Thank you Jean,

that worked perfectly!

Marco

May 2, 2017 at 13:49 #22244
Profile photo of Jean
Jean

Hi Fabio,
I can not test on Linux but the only explanation I have (if the error is still the same as the one you had on Mac) is that the code-fix is not correctly installed or loaded, or the OMChroma library is actually not found.
You can test with a new workspace (no user class), to first locate the lib in the preferences, then quit and restart with the user-defined classes.
Jean

May 2, 2017 at 13:55 #22246
Profile photo of fdsdb
fdsdb

Hi Jean,

Thank you very much, it works now.

Ciao

Fabio

May 2, 2017 at 19:57 #22254

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.