Group Admins

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of marco

OpenMusic Sound Synthesis and Processing Libraries

Public Group active 4 days ago

This group focuses on the usage of OpenMusic in relation to sound synthesis and processing, particularly
on the audio objects and the libraries OM2Csound, OM-ASX, OM-Chant, OMChroma, OMPrisma, OM-Spat and OM-SuperVP.

Rhythm library

Author 2 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of krhes
krhes

Greetings All,

Could anyone help?

I was wondering if there is an openmusic library that can process rhythmic morphing in the way that the Profile library deals with pitch. I’ve looked but have not found. Perhaps I haven’t looked in the right places…

Ideally something that can deal with a initial state that gradually reaches intermediate stages ending in the final and state. I guess that’s the definition of morphing however! If anyone has any ideas or suggestions they will be much appreciated!!

Thank you !

July 3, 2017 at 19:17 #22940
Profile photo of Jean
Jean

Hi — I think you should post this on the regular OpenMusic user group
This one is about Sound Synthesis and Processing.
J.

July 3, 2017 at 21:56 #22941
Profile photo of Jean
Jean

— there’s many ways to achieve interpolation between two rhythms. To my knowledge no dedicated tool is in a library.

An example is given in the text “Knitting and Weaving: Using OpenMusic to Generate Canonic Musical Material” by Serge Lemouton and Asbjørn Schaathun in the OM Composer’s Book vol. 2, in case you have access to it.

July 3, 2017 at 22:02 #22942
Profile photo of krhes
krhes

Hi Jean,

Many thanks for your advice –
I do indeed have OM composer books
1&2. Will have a look at the chapter
you suggest.

Apologies for inappropriate posting!

Best wishes,
KH.

July 3, 2017 at 22:33 #22943

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.