Group Admins

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of Jean

OpenMusic

Public Group active 22 minutes ago

User group for OpenMusic and computer-aided composition. Visit the Forum for discussions.

Adding inlets to objects

Author 2 Subscribed Users |
steenhuisen
steenhuisen

Has the protocol for adding inlets to OM objects changed (OM 6.6.2)?

Using < and > has inconsistent results depending upon the object.

With chord-seq-analysis object (one from an old patch), it only removes inlets.  Can’t add inlets.

With a bpf-sample object, it adds two inlets or removes one.

With a (fresh) partial-tracking object, I can’t add inlets.  Currently, it is most pressing to add the inlets to a partial-tracking object.

I’m using a North American keyboard, if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Paul

June 5, 2013 at 07:26 #4917
Profile photo of Jean
Jean

Hello,

You can access the information for most OM boxes to know about their inlet and expected connections : http://support.ircam.fr/docs/om/om6-manual/co/DocAndInfo.html

In particular, you will notice that additional inputs can be either optional or keywords. There is a slightly different way of dealing with these different types of inputs: http://support.ircam.fr/docs/om/om6-manual/co/AdditionalInputs.html

In the case of partial tracking, the type of the additional inputs has indeed changed a couple of years ago (if I remember well) and are now keywords instead of optionals. This explains that you can remove them but not add them with the same command (you should now use k/K).

The advantage of keywords is that you don’t necessarily need to show and set every additional inputs in order to use, say, the last one (keywords are not ordered, optionals are).

Jean

June 8, 2013 at 07:58 #4956
steenhuisen
steenhuisen

Hi,

It must have been less than two years ago, this change, yes.  I was looking at my notes from summer 2011 to confirm that I was doing it correctly (for that epoch, yes).

This method is more nuanced.  Thanks Jean,

Paul

June 8, 2013 at 08:07 #4957

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.