Group Admins

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of Jean

OpenMusic

Public Group active 10 hours, 39 minutes ago

User group for OpenMusic and computer-aided composition. Visit the Forum for discussions.

Class-Array

Author 3 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of Dagfinn Koch
DagfinnKoch

I must admit I just discovered the class Class-Array the other day, trying to find a practical way to matrixes a la Maderna or Vivier. I have been using Open Music since the Patch Work days, but mostly used it for generating pitches. I am now diving into post-post-post integral serialism. I am one of those composers that is not so found of random. I like superimposed structures as in synchronicity.

Any examples of working with Class-Array will be much appreciated. I am more into humaniora than mathematics, so a practical approach will be fine.

Thanks in advance, Dagfinn

July 10, 2017 at 08:56 #22992
Jérôme
Jérôme

hello,

Same problem ! I would like to use different matrix’s for serialize almost everything.

So more about class-array will be welcome but I’m more looking for a flexible matrix who can treat :bool but even :int and :float methods,

THX in advance….

here’s a fast made example (for notes)

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Jérôme Jérôme.
  • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Jérôme Jérôme.
July 10, 2017 at 14:20 #23005
Profile photo of Jean
Jean

Hello Dagfinn

Here is some documentation about the CLASS-ARRAY
http://support.ircam.fr/docs/om/om6-manual/co/ArrayObject.html

I’m not sure this is what you really need. It was mostly design to hold relatively big quantity of data, for instance in the control of sound synthesis process (this is the main structure used in the OMChroma library, but also in OMPrisma, OM-Chant, OM-Spat, OM-Geste, etc.)

As far as I understand you are more looking for a simpler 2D-array (i.e. a list-of-lists) with an editor/graphical display.
The list genetrator functions and ‘instance’ box might provide a little bit of that but still does not exacly.
http://support.ircam.fr/docs/om/om6-manual/co/InstanceBoxes.html

Jean

July 26, 2017 at 09:59 #23194
Profile photo of Dagfinn Koch
DagfinnKoch

Hello Jean, thanks a lot! 2D-array seems to be the thing. I actually went for table calculation within Apple Numbers, and that not the ideal… I will dig into the links which I have read.

Best, Dagfinn

Attachments:
  1. Formkonstruksjon-Numbers

Formkonstruksjon-Numbers.png

2. Formkonstruksjon-Numbers

Formkonstruksjon-Numbers.png

July 27, 2017 at 09:14 #23218

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.