Group Admins

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of Jean

OpenMusic

Public Group active 10 minutes ago

User group for OpenMusic and computer-aided composition. Visit the Forum for discussions.

Early problems with OM – Tutorials

Author 3 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of OttoLink
OttoLink

Hi everyone!

My name is Said and I introduce myself in this group. I’m a newby but I hope to be quickly in form to participate in a more helping way!

First of all, I apologise for a question that may be too stupid… but it’s my beginning and that is a great block to me. Thanks! 😉

I’m reading OpenMusic documentation and several tutorials but I’ve a problem in the first one ot these: Transposition of a chord/note. I can’t explain why when I introduce a number in data box, the patch doesn’t make the transposition automatically, as the tutorial explanation make understood.

In fact, resulting chord box and Lisp Listener doesn’t be affected by no change in data object.

Thanks in advance and sorry again for this basic question.

Otto Link

September 8, 2013 at 23:48 #5741
Profile photo of Didier DEBRIL
Didier DEBRIL

Hi Otto,

I have testing et and it’s oK for me. But, just a question, when you have introduce your modification, have you done “Eval Box” on the chord object (click right of your mouse and in the little windows to click on the “Eval Box“), it’s necessary to make the change ?
Didier

September 11, 2013 at 15:13 #5758
Profile photo of Jean
Jean

Hi Otto
As Didier says, it seems like you are note evaluating the itch.
A specificity in OM is than the visual programs are only executed “on-demand”, that is, when you explicitly require the evaluation of a box (cmd+click on the outputs or select + type ‘v’)
See for instance http://support.ircam.fr/docs/om/om6-manual/co/Evaluation.html
Jean

September 14, 2013 at 19:03 #5823
Profile photo of OttoLink
OttoLink

Thanks! Thanks! Didier and Jean!

It was not difficult at all.

All it’s ok now. It’s the moment to continue.

My sincerest thanks again!

Otto.

September 19, 2013 at 16:57 #5881

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.