Group Admins

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of Jean

OpenMusic

Public Group active 6 hours, 19 minutes ago

User group for OpenMusic and computer-aided composition. Visit the Forum for discussions.

Error loading OMTristan (OM 6.6.2 under Windows 10)

Author 2 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of Abras
Abras

Hi, everybody!

I just switched to a PC running OM M 6.6.2 under Windows 10. Almost everything works (I have audio output and both the standard libraries and my own extra libraries load well). However, when I try to load OMTristan (I tried with versions 3.1 and 3.2), I get the following message:

Error while loading the library OMTristan:
“The directory \”sources\” does note exist in
#P\”C:/MYDIR/OPENMUSIC/EXTERNALUSERLIBS/OMTristan
3.2/sources/TMlibrairie-OM.lisp\”.”

Also, a file named msMMSystem.log is generated, which contains the following error:

Fri Jun 02 20:19:45 2017
: midiOutReset error 6
There is no driver installed on your system.
GetPrivateProfileString result : 2
no : 2
Fri Jun 02 20:19:45 2017
: midiOutClose error 6
There is no driver installed on your system.
GetPrivateProfileString result : 2
no : 2

Could you please help me out? :)

June 2, 2017 at 21:09 #22494
Profile photo of Jean
Jean

Hi,

– First, you should update and get the last OM version in order to limit potential comptaibility issues.

– OMTristan:

Error while loading the library OMTristan: “The directory \”sources\” does note exist in #P\”C:/MYDIR/OPENMUSIC/EXTERNALUSERLIBS/OMTristan 3.2/sources/TMlibrairie-OM.lisp\”.

=> have you checked if this directory is actually here ?

– You should not worry too much about the msMMSystem.log file. By the way, more recent OM versions now use PortMidi and won’t generate it.

June 6, 2017 at 10:13 #22500
Profile photo of Abras
Abras

Hi, Jean!
Thank you for you kind and prompt reply, which I just read after getting back home (sorry for my late reply).
I just updated to the latest OM version (I wanted to wait a little bit, but…) and OMTristan now seems to load fine under Windows 10!
Thanks again :)

June 12, 2017 at 12:16 #22572

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.