Group Admins

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of Jean

OpenMusic

Public Group active 6 hours, 39 minutes ago

User group for OpenMusic and computer-aided composition. Visit the Forum for discussions.

Help with a patch

Author 2 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of fdsdb
fdsdb

Hi All.

I am working on a patch. The aim is that of generating different sounds by sampling and chant filtering, and then spatializing them on random quad positions. I enclose the patch and the used audio file.
Until spat-matrix process everything works correct, but synthesize can not read sounds. The error is “:: Invalid audio file : /Users/fabio/Documents/pwgl_patches_mie/TRADUZIONE_IN_OPENMUSIC/out-files/8.” for every final audio file generated.
I think it can be a problem of extension of the file, I have tried to resolve by unique-pathname function, but I am missing something.
If possible, every suggestion is welcome. Meanwhile I will continue to search a solution, eventually also using some OM_Prisma object instead of spat.

Thank you in advance, ciao

Fabio

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of fdsdb fdsdb.
June 10, 2017 at 16:38 #22550
Profile photo of fdsdb
fdsdb

Hi All,

Always me. I have resolved thanks to an example on some patches in a folder denominated “elements_omprisma”, I don’t remember if by Schumacher or Richelli, I have downloaded it from web some time ago.
I enclose the new patch.
However if anyone has a similar solution with omspat library I would like to know, if possible, thanks in advance.

Ciao

fdsdb

June 10, 2017 at 18:25 #22556
Profile photo of Jean
Jean

Hello Fabio,

Sorry for the late reply. The problem with your patch here is that you send Spat source file names with no extension, which it apparently doesn’t like (in your example the file name is “8.” instead of “8.aiff” for instance).

You can fix this in your calls to unique-pathname, by using he third, optional input of this function (type) and set it to “aiff” (or “wav”, depending on your file format).

Jean

July 25, 2017 at 10:58 #23186
Profile photo of fdsdb
fdsdb

Hello Jean,

No problem for delay, thank you for reply. Good to know, now the error has disappeared, but final audio file is not generated. Probably I must better to control and verify my algorithm (I am imagining where is the problem). Thank you.

Ciao

Fabio

July 26, 2017 at 16:38 #23201

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.