Group Admins

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of Jean

OpenMusic

Public Group active 3 days, 21 hours ago

User group for OpenMusic and computer-aided composition. Visit the Forum for discussions.

Loading .tif image folder to picture-lib

Author 2 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of Francesco Vitale
Francesco Vitale

Hi,
I’m having trouble on OM 6.12 in finding a way to load a .tif folder to a picture-lib object. What is the best way to do it in a patch? Here’s my attempt (see the screenshot attached), but I get an error: Error while evaluating the box omloop 2 : Undefined function common-lisp::om-init-class-def-null in form (symbol-function common-lisp::om-init-class-def-null). Where’s the mistake? I also attach here the folder I’m trying to load. Thanks for your attention.
Best,
Francesco Vitale

Attachments:
  1. Screen-Capture

Screen-Capture.tiff

1. images.zip
April 16, 2017 at 13:44 #22120
Francesco Vitale

Here’s again the screen capture of the patch. I don’t know why, but the .tiff I attached in the previous message does not appear in my post.

Attachments:
  1. Screen-Capture

Screen-Capture.png

April 16, 2017 at 13:54 #22125
Profile photo of anders
anders

Hi Francesco. You’re connecting the listloop to the first (self) input of the picture class. You want to use the second input to provide a pathname.

-anders

April 18, 2017 at 13:58 #22130
Francesco Vitale

Dear Anders,
I don’t know if I interpreted you advice correctly, but using the second input I get an empty picture-lib without any image. Here’s the screenshot.

Attachments:
  1. Screen-Capture-2

Screen-Capture-2.png

2. Screen-Capture1

Screen-Capture1.png

April 18, 2017 at 22:37 #22146
Profile photo of anders
anders

If you remove the period in “.tif” to the input in om-directory, this should at least return a list of all *.tif files in your dir.

However there’s a bug in the picture-lib class. While testing here now i also get a blank picture-lib, with all the picture objects loaded, but they don’t get displayed in the picture-lib editor. This seems to be a bug in the picture-lib class, when instantiating with a list of ‘undrawn’ picture objects like you do here.

-anders

April 19, 2017 at 10:07 #22153
Francesco Vitale

Dear Anders,
yes, I can confirm that there’s a bug because the picture-lib results in any case strangely empty and the pictures (even if they seem to be loaded as a list) are not really stored in the picture-lib object. Please let me know when you’ll find a fix for it. Thanks for all.
Best,
Francesco

April 19, 2017 at 13:13 #22159

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.