Group Admins

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of Jean

OpenMusic

Public Group active 2 days, 13 hours ago

User group for OpenMusic and computer-aided composition. Visit the Forum for discussions.

Loading .tif image folder to picture-lib

Author 2 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of Francesco Vitale
Francesco Vitale

Hi,
I’m having trouble on OM 6.12 in finding a way to load a .tif folder to a picture-lib object. What is the best way to do it in a patch? Here’s my attempt (see the screenshot attached), but I get an error: Error while evaluating the box omloop 2 : Undefined function common-lisp::om-init-class-def-null in form (symbol-function common-lisp::om-init-class-def-null). Where’s the mistake? I also attach here the folder I’m trying to load. Thanks for your attention.
Best,
Francesco Vitale

Attachments:
  1. Screen-Capture

Screen-Capture.tiff

April 16, 2017 at 13:44 #22120
Francesco Vitale

Here’s again the screen capture of the patch. I don’t know why, but the .tiff I attached in the previous message does not appear in my post.

Attachments:
  1. Screen-Capture

Screen-Capture.png

April 16, 2017 at 13:54 #22125
Profile photo of anders
anders

Hi Francesco. You’re connecting the listloop to the first (self) input of the picture class. You want to use the second input to provide a pathname.

-anders

April 18, 2017 at 13:58 #22130
Francesco Vitale

Dear Anders,
I don’t know if I interpreted you advice correctly, but using the second input I get an empty picture-lib without any image. Here’s the screenshot.

April 18, 2017 at 22:37 #22146
Profile photo of anders
anders

If you remove the period in “.tif” to the input in om-directory, this should at least return a list of all *.tif files in your dir.

However there’s a bug in the picture-lib class. While testing here now i also get a blank picture-lib, with all the picture objects loaded, but they don’t get displayed in the picture-lib editor. This seems to be a bug in the picture-lib class, when instantiating with a list of ‘undrawn’ picture objects like you do here.

-anders

April 19, 2017 at 10:07 #22153
Francesco Vitale

Dear Anders,
yes, I can confirm that there’s a bug because the picture-lib results in any case strangely empty and the pictures (even if they seem to be loaded as a list) are not really stored in the picture-lib object. Please let me know when you’ll find a fix for it. Thanks for all.
Best,
Francesco

April 19, 2017 at 13:13 #22159
Francesco Vitale

Hi all,
since it’s been a little while OM has this issue with loading correctly pictures in a picture-lib class, is there any chance to fix it? I really hope so.
Thanks for your consideration.
All the best,
Francesco

May 5, 2017 at 17:22 #22280
Profile photo of anders
anders

Hi Francesco. I’ve set up an issue for this in the bug tracker, meaning it will be fixed some time, but difficult to say when. Sorry for not being more helpful atm. Anders.

May 10, 2017 at 09:45 #22329
Francesco Vitale

Hi all,
are there any news about the fix for the picture-lib bug? Forgive my little insistence, and thanks for your kind attention.
Francesco

July 7, 2017 at 11:10 #22986

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.