Group Admins

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of Jean

OpenMusic

Public Group active 6 hours, 19 minutes ago

User group for OpenMusic and computer-aided composition. Visit the Forum for discussions.

Loosing port specs. on maquette evaluation

Author 2 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of laerik
pre

Hello everyone

I ve got the following problem:

E.g.: I manipulate a chord-seq in a temp.obj. within a maquette. I set all the player and midi port mode (“default midi port”) both in the chord-sea as in the temp.obj.
After evaluating midi port mode is set back to “use notes midi port”. As nowhere in the evaluation chain I can parametrically assign the notes port number this leads to a dead end (always nil i.e. port 0).

Can anyone give a hint on that?

Best Pre

• This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of laerik pre.
  • This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of laerik pre.
July 29, 2017 at 17:55 #23266
Profile photo of nadir B.
nadir B.

Hi,

Have you tried to lock your temp.obj once you’ve made the port change and before evaluating the Maquette ?

July 29, 2017 at 18:18 #23268
Profile photo of laerik
pre

Hi Nadir,

thanks for your reply – but: if i lock the temp.obj. any evaluation will take place…

I have now found the set-obj-port.lisp by Karim. For the chord-seq it does well. Only the temp.obj.’s Self refuses port setting (neither set-port nor set-obj-port are accepted)

?

Kind regards
Pre

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of laerik pre.
  • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of laerik pre.
July 29, 2017 at 18:50 #23270
Profile photo of nadir B.
nadir B.

Well I’ve asked that because I know there’s a local (tempbox) and a global (Maquette) evaluation and I quote :

TemporalBoxes can be set on “lock” or “evaluate-once” mode, so as their content is protected, or to limit the number of internal evaluations.

But sure, I reckon it depends on the computation going on…

Keep us posted.

bye PRE

July 29, 2017 at 19:13 #23273

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.