Group Admins

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of Jean

OpenMusic

Public Group active 1 day, 1 hour ago

User group for OpenMusic and computer-aided composition. Visit the Forum for discussions.

OM example help needed

Author 2 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of davephillips
davephillips

Greetings,

I want to do something similar to Figure 10 in this example from a paper for DAFx-06 by Jean Bresson :

http://papers.dafx.ca/proceedings/papers/p_325.pdf

I understand what the format-stretch object does, but I don’t know how to construct it.

Any advice, or suggestions how to do the same thing (“Variable time-stretching: matching sound segments with a rhythm”) ?

Best regards,

Dave Phillips

December 9, 2016 at 04:54 #20118
Profile photo of Jean
Jean

Hi Dave

What you want to generate is a flat list of pairs (t1 v) (t2 v) where t1 and t2 are the bounds of every successive segment in the sound and v is a stretch value, computed as a ratio between the length of the segment (t2 – t1) and the targetted duration after stretch (= duration of the corresponding note in the score).

The tricky part might be the iteration over the pairs of markers. There are several way of doing it: you can for instance use a ‘onlist’ iterator in omloop and use the first two elements at each iteration.

I will post a patch if you want, when I have some time to make it.

All best
Jean

December 9, 2016 at 08:46 #20119
Profile photo of davephillips
davephillips

Thanks for your reply, Jean. I will try to create the function from your description, but if you have time to post a patch I would appreciate it.

Best regards,

Dave Phillips

December 9, 2016 at 13:12 #20131

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.