Group Admins

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of Jean

OpenMusic

Public Group active 16 hours, 52 minutes ago

User group for OpenMusic and computer-aided composition. Visit the Forum for discussions.

OMGecode troubleshooting pt2

Author 3 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of krhes
krhes

Hi All!

Looking on a previous thread back in 2015 I see that the OMGcode library generates an error message when attempting to load. I’m now getting an almost identical message:

Error while loading the library OMGecode:
“Could not register handle for external module\”vps-constraints\” no suitable image found. Did find:
External User Library Directory/OMGecode 6.0/Frameworks/stoppa-constraints.framework/Versions/A/stroppa.constraints: mach-o, but wrong architecture.”

I have the most up to date version of Gecode (5.1.0)

Is there a fix for this or am I fouling something up? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Ken

June 21, 2017 at 08:30 #22662
Profile photo of Jean
Jean

Hi Ken,

In think the frameworks inside OMGecode were compiled on 32bit architectures.
so I guess won’t be able to get them working anymore in OM (64bits).

J.

June 21, 2017 at 09:01 #22663
Profile photo of krhes
krhes

Hi Jean,

Many thanks for your time – what a shame regarding OMGecode.

Your articles on visual programming / computer-aided composition are fascinating – thank you!

Best,
K.

June 21, 2017 at 09:56 #22664
Profile photo of krhes
krhes

ps would you know if there is a simple way of expressing the collatz/Ulam/hailstone (3n+1) list in openmusic? I’m new to openmusic arguments and functions (though I have spent many hours trying with the manuals and reference information) and feel that if I bang my head any more against this particular wall my brains will come out ­čś«

Du fond de l’ab├«me je t’invoque,Iahv├ę Adona├»… !!!

June 21, 2017 at 10:06 #22665
Profile photo of fa101
fa101

Hi Ken,

I spent quite a while trying to get this to work last year, but had limited success. So whilst
I was pretty happy with omrc for rhythmic problems, I couldn’t express the types of problem I wanted
to solve in it.

So I’m currently working in http://www.minizinc.org/ and passing the results of my constraints problems
back to OM via text files which I read in with OM’s file access functions. Minizinc is a fantastic constraints package
which I wish I had discovered earlier!

If I do more of this work, then one thing I’d like to look at in future is to try and integrate minizinc and related solvers into
OM – probably via some kind of parameter passing intermediate library or somesuch. Will need to think it
through a bit.

Good luck!

Ambrose

June 23, 2017 at 21:30 #22728
Profile photo of krhes
krhes

Many thanks, Ambrose.

I hope your work continues to prove fruitful with minizinc.

Kind regards,
Ken

June 24, 2017 at 09:08 #22734

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.