Group Admins

  • Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of Jean

OpenMusic

Public Group active 3 days, 5 hours ago

User group for OpenMusic and computer-aided composition. Visit the Forum for discussions.

Problem in re-opening a patch

Author 2 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of fdsdb
fdsdb

Hi All,

I am having problems in re-opening a patch in OM 6-12 (minor release 3) and OsX 10.8.5.
I think it depends by “sound” classes in it. The problem has showed suddenly, and it is present also opening the patch with OM 6.9.
I enclose the patch (it is unfinished, I am going to use it with OMChroma smpl-1 class).
I receive the error messages showed in two enclosed screenshot, and in listener I find this output (sampler and samplerOLD are the same patch):

— Loading patch: /Users/fabio/Documents/pwgl_patches_mie/TRADUZIONE_IN_OPENMUSIC/elements/sax_baritono/sampler.omp
OM > “Subcharacter #\\< not defined for dispatch char #\\#.” —

Googling the advice I have reached this page, I don’t know if pertinent: http://www.lispworks.com/kb/6a1d1aad2514b347802570360027cb1e.html
I have LIspwork personal edition installed in my system, can it be that it iterferes with OM?

If I open the patch with Clozure, the only points of the code in which there is the \ character are those relative to sound class, at least I suppose.
If useful, I am having some minor problem with audio preferences, I don’t know if the two problems are related: sometimes it is not possible to set OsX audio driver, so I have 0 channels; in this case I nust to create a new workspace, properly setting audio driver, and then reopen the old workspace, to have audio running. I think there was another post for this problem, but I have not found it now.

I apologize for long and perhaps not pertinent explanations, only to help resolution (I hope).

Every suggestion is welcome, thank you very much in advance.

Fabio

Attachments:
  1. Schermata-2017-05-05-alle-21.20.49

    Schermata-2017-05-05-alle-21.20.49.png

  2. Schermata-2017-05-05-alle-21.20.49

    Schermata-2017-05-05-alle-21.20.49.png

  3. Schermata-2017-05-05-alle-21.20.33

    Schermata-2017-05-05-alle-21.20.33.png

  4. Schermata-2017-05-05-alle-21.20.33

    Schermata-2017-05-05-alle-21.20.33.png

  1. sampler.omp
  2. sampler.omp
May 6, 2017 at 09:40 #22285
Profile photo of fdsdb
fdsdb

Hi All,

Sorry for new post and some mistakes in precedent one.
I have rebuilt the patch from scratch, saving screenshots for every step and quitting and reopening OM after every step.
The result is that until enclosed 01 it is all right, but with 02 there is the same problem, so I think it depends upon the single-item-list object. The same with the multi-item-list. Precisely it is the single-item-list class relative to the name of the sounds that gives problems.
I apologize for delirant hypothesis in precedent patch…

I hope it is possible to resolve, thank you again for help.

Ciao

Fabio

  • This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of fdsdb fdsdb.
Attachments:
  1. 021

    021.png

  2. 021

    021.png

  3. 011

    011.png

  4. 011

    011.png

  5. 02

    02.png

  6. 02

    02.png

  7. 01

    01.png

  8. 01

    01.png

May 6, 2017 at 10:19 #22293
Profile photo of Jean
Jean

Hello Fabio.
Yes, you’re not really supposed to input object instances as elements of a list dialog-item.
The “print”-value displayed on the list gets stored in as value and the loader can not reload it.
In order to reopen your patch you can open the file as text and replace the form “(quote (#sound …. ))” with NIL.
Jean

  • This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Jean Jean.
May 6, 2017 at 10:28 #22298
Profile photo of fdsdb
fdsdb

Hi Jean,

Thank you very much, it has resolved. I have deleted the # before the name of the sound, saved the file and the patch can be reopened.
Thank you again,

Ciao

Fabio

May 6, 2017 at 10:40 #22305

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Log in now