Group Admins

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of Jean

OpenMusic

Public Group active 1 hour, 21 minutes ago

User group for OpenMusic and computer-aided composition. Visit the Forum for discussions.

seq-extract

Author 2 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of paddys
paddys

Hi!

When trying to use the seq-extract of the Om-Tristan Library I get the following message :

Error while evaluating the box seq-extract : the variable deb is unbound.

I understand there might be something to change in the lisp code but since I’m not familiar with it it’s tough to find out what.

Any help would be welcome :-)

Thanks a lot

January 16, 2018 at 09:05 #24838
Profile photo of anders
anders

Hi Paddy. The seq-extract function includes this same bug in all currently available versions of OMTristan (2.0, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3). Seems some of the original french variable-names were missed during translation at some time.

However, it’s a very simple fix. Just replace ‘deb’ with ‘begin’ in the function body (It’s in the file sources/TMlibrairie-OM.lisp).

OMTristan isn’t ‘officially supported’ by the OM devs, so better ask those maintaining that lib to put out a bug-fix release.

-anders

January 16, 2018 at 13:27 #24842
Profile photo of anders
anders

Checking now i see there are several incompabilities between OMTristan and core OM, seems it suffers from bit rot. If this lib is still useful someone should update it, remove cruft, and keep maintaining it. Or perhaps include a cleaned version together with the standard libs in the ‘omlibraries’ git project?

January 16, 2018 at 13:43 #24843
Profile photo of paddys
paddys

Thanks a lot for the quick answer, I will try that.

And yeah, a bug fix release would be appreciated. I’ll try to write to R. Hirz, maybe she knows if something’s planned.

Best regards

January 19, 2018 at 18:27 #24872

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.