Group Admins

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of Jean

OpenMusic

Public Group active 12 hours, 42 minutes ago

User group for OpenMusic and computer-aided composition. Visit the Forum for discussions.

some questions about a real time ( temps reél) composition

Author 3 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of HoracioLavandera
HoracioLavandera

Dear friends,
I’m new in this site. I’m a composer and I would like to compose a piece for piano and electronics in “temps reel” (real time). By real time I mean to develop certain piano figures and gestures with granular synthesis and different effects.
My question is with which software should I start. I know a bit the Pure Data, but I would like to use Open music or that one you recommend me.

I’m working along with a mathematician and so I would like also to know whether there is any possibility for us to create our own input files to be used with a music program.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

November 22, 2013 at 23:40 #7036
Profile photo of maronidis
maronid

Probably Max/MSP is what you need. It is well documented but not free. Pure Date is almost the same but less well documented. If your friend is Mathematician, (and possibly programmer) you could program directly in lower level (Java, C++, OpenFrameworks etc).

OpenMusic is (in a broader sense) not intented to be used in RT.

Best
Dimitris Maronidis

November 23, 2013 at 09:48 #7038
Profile photo of fdsdb
fdsdb

Hi,

Perhaps also Max/msp bach library can be useful for you, if you want to find tools similar to those you find in Open Music. This is the site: http://www.bachproject.net/.
I can not be more exact, because I have not still studied this library too well…

Best regards

fdsdb

November 23, 2013 at 16:23 #7045

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.