Group Admins

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of Jean

OpenMusic

Public Group active 21 hours, 52 minutes ago

User group for OpenMusic and computer-aided composition. Visit the Forum for discussions.

text indications in MusXML

Author 3 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of lanza
lanza

Hi everybody !
Is there any way to import (or export) texts (and thus dynamics, accents or any musical indication that isn’t related to a specific font)
attached to a note or a chord in a MusicXML file ?
If not MusicXML, is that possible with NAP, or with ETF ?

All the best

M.

September 17, 2018 at 09:26 #27805
Profile photo of Jean
Jean

Hi Mauro

The OM-MusicXML export will include dynamics (VEL-EXTRA) as <dynamics> tags, and texts (“TEXT-EXTRA”) as <lyric>.
Any kind of CHAR-EXTRA will be considereed an <accent>.

Unfortunately I don’t think any of this will be taken into account at importing a MusicXML file.
NAP in/out, will not include any of this either, and ETF is not supported anymore.

Jean

October 1, 2018 at 09:29 #27923
Profile photo of lanza
lanza

Thanks Jean,
I didn’t know it was possible to export such things, great !
Do you think there will be also the possibility to import them, sooner or later ?

M.

October 1, 2018 at 19:24 #27941
Profile photo of Jean
Jean

Do you think there will be also the possibility to import them, sooner or later ?

Yes. I just don’t know which one of the two :)

October 1, 2018 at 19:30 #27942
Profile photo of Karim
Karim

Dear Mauro

Yes there are ways. However, i suspect you mean dynamics from om extras ???

if not it is really easy to do to export all dynamics from om to .ly or .xml files. However, there is a slight problem with these if not extras… this means that you will have each note, each chord with a dynamic…
Is this what you need ?

Now if it should be extra-dynamics, well this is great, but should be coordinated with the development of these extra code, since these are not that well implemented in my opinion.

Best
K

October 1, 2018 at 21:42 #27944

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.