Group Admins

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of Jean

OpenMusic

Public Group active 1 day, 14 hours ago

User group for OpenMusic and computer-aided composition. Visit the Forum for discussions.

Very slow patches

Author 2 Subscribed Users |
David Gerard Matthews
David Gerard Matthews

Hello again,

I’m having an issue with a patch responding very slowly.  It loads very slowly, it evaluates very slowly, and even moving, adding, and deleting objects seem to take a very long time.  Menus also seem very slow.  The issue seems to have arisen when I added the function autotransp from the RepMus library.  I’m not too worried, since OM is obviously not a real-time program, and it still runs, but it is rather annoying.  I don’t think the patch itself is very complicated.

Is this related to Lisp’s garbage collection?  My machine is relatively fast and does not get bogged down easily in general.

OM 6.6, Mac OS 10.6.8.

February 13, 2013 at 21:07 #3959
David Gerard Matthews
David Gerard Matthews

As an addendum, I noticed the patch is still very slow, even after I deleted the autotransp object.  Other patches run normally.

February 14, 2013 at 00:08 #3960
Profile photo of Karim
Karim

Hi David,

Which OM version are you using ?

Can you send the patch?

And by the way are you using “extras” these slow down everything…

Best

K

February 14, 2013 at 00:43 #3963
Profile photo of Karim
Karim

sorry , missed the end of your mail.

Can you put the patch as an attachement ? I will try with an older version of OM.

Best

K

February 14, 2013 at 00:44 #3964
David Gerard Matthews
David Gerard Matthews

Hello Karim,

Thank you very much for your help.  I’ve attached my patch.  I’ll warn you in advance that I’m a complete autodidact with OM, and I’m trained as a composer and recording engineer, not a programmer, so my patches are a bit sloppy in general.  (I’ve been working on improving my programming skills for awhile now.)  But here’s my patch as it stands.  I used the OMTristan and the RepMus libraries

February 14, 2013 at 03:56 #3967
David Gerard Matthews
David Gerard Matthews

Sorry, I don’t think that attached.

Here it is.

Thanks again,

David

February 14, 2013 at 03:57 #3968
David Gerard Matthews
David Gerard Matthews

I seem to be having issues getting the patch to attach to my post.  I’m selecting it under “Fichiers attachés”, and hitting submit, and for some reason it still isn’t uploading.  Will try again later.

February 14, 2013 at 04:04 #3969
Profile photo of Karim
Karim

Ok ,

It seems that there’s a bug in the attachment process. Did you zip your file?

K

February 14, 2013 at 11:38 #3973
David Gerard Matthews
David Gerard Matthews

I did indeed forget to zip the patch last time, so I zipped it, selected it, hit “submit”, and it still didn’t seem to attach.  It is smaller than the file limit.

February 14, 2013 at 14:10 #3979

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.