Group Admins

• Profile picture of Karim
  • Profile picture of Jean

OpenMusic

Public Group active 6 hours, 36 minutes ago

User group for OpenMusic and computer-aided composition. Visit the Forum for discussions.

Wrong proportional rhythmic values?

Author 2 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of fdsdb
fdsdb

Hi All,

I have a little problem, nothing of urgent or important, but something I can not explain.
I enclose a screenshot of a simple (incomplete) patch for transforming numerical proportions into rhythmic values inside a specified range.
Well, apart last series (2 2 1 2 1 1 1 1 1), I always loose the last rhythmic value.
For example in figure you have not last value of 10500 ms. (see first line of OM Listener), that is five beats and one half. The same with other series.
Am I missing some step?

Thank you in advance, ciao

fdsdb

Attachments:
  1. Schermata-2017-05-29-alle-19.19.11

Schermata-2017-05-29-alle-19.19.11.png

2. Schermata-2017-05-29-alle-19.19.11

Schermata-2017-05-29-alle-19.19.11.png

May 29, 2017 at 18:27 #22461
Profile photo of Karim
Karim

hi fdsdb

Not really clear what you want to do most particularly in the om-scale/sum method. You have as first argument a list of list.
Maybe some explanation, and even better the patch itself will help

Best
K

May 29, 2017 at 18:47 #22464
Profile photo of fdsdb
fdsdb

Hi Karim,

Thank you for fast reply. I enclose the patch.
My aim is to distribute along the time of 18 seconds, rhythmic figures proportional to the choosen numeric series.
For example, if I had this numeric series (1 3 2 3), along 18 seconds the rhythmic result should have to be: half, dot whole, whole, dot whole.
My problem in the patch is that last rhythmic figure is lost. I have tested the same algorithm in PWGL and it works.
I hope i have been clear, my English is not properly that of Shakespeare… Thank you again for support.

Ciao

Fabio

May 29, 2017 at 20:57 #22466
Profile photo of Karim
Karim

Hi Fabio,

No problem, got it. By the way my english is not that good either. It is just to figure out the problem. I don’t use the thisng you input your data (am old school i suppose…). That’s why i didn’t get it. Thought it might be a list of list. Anyhow.
Here it is.
The problem is with omquantify old old bug. By the way the thing PWGL use comes from this code.
So in order to “fix” it i propose this patch. omquantify don’t manage pretty well measures. Sometimes they are cropped (like in your case), sometimes, you will have more than you need… Anyhow, this is a trick to get what you want, and sometimes more…
(cf inclosed patch)
Best
K

May 29, 2017 at 21:12 #22469
Profile photo of fdsdb
fdsdb

Hi Karim,

Thank you very much, fast and exact as usual. I understand your integration and correction, and I will teasurize it for next patches.
I continue in using numbers and proportions in composing, it is another type of old school… in our case old like wine is very good 😉

Ciao

Fabio

May 30, 2017 at 09:47 #22472

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.