Group Admins

• Profile picture of bouchereau
  • Profile picture of daubresse
  • Profile picture of esling

Orchids

Public Group active 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Welcome to the Orchids user group.

This user group is devoted to the Orchids orchestration system and its users, but also on the topic of computer-aided orchestration and generic sound mixture optimization. In order to facilitate the exchange of bug reports, idea and collaborative thinking, we encourage any kind of report on errors, bad or good results, desired features, ideas, remarks and any other topic.

Please report any unsolved problem, ideas or even cool sounds to this group and we will be glad to discuss it. If you want to start using the software, please read the full documentation, which provides turnarounds to known issues: http://repmus.ircam.fr/_media/esling/orchids-documentation.pdf

http://forumnet.ircam.fr/user-groups/orchids/
http://forumnet.ircam.fr/product/orchids/

A Basic Orchids Player for Max 7

Author 2 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of Sahin Kureta
Sahin Kureta

Hi,

I have made a simple player for playing bach rolls exported from orchids. You’ll have to change hardcoded SOL samples location from one of the patches yourself. Pitch and velocity breakpoints are also working so you can edit those. I am really new to Max, so if I have done something stupidly please let me know. Here are the patches.

September 9, 2016 at 16:26 #19003
Jérôme
Jérôme

Hi,

Importing SOL with ./search takes 20 hours ! when I drop the SOL on main patch it asks me where do I want to save it and name it. So : where should I select SOL location ? and what should it be named ? I would like to import SOL once for good !

…………………………………………………………… jerome

September 9, 2016 at 16:46 #19004
Sahin Kureta

You shouldn’t drag and drop your SOL folder. There is a readme on the github page. did you read it?

September 9, 2016 at 17:20 #19005
Sahin Kureta

I am working right now. I’ll try to add directory selection and make a commented example usage patch in a few hours.

September 9, 2016 at 17:51 #19006
Jérôme
Jérôme

My bad ! Sorry…

But I can’t find any sy.objects collection !

THX in advance…

September 9, 2016 at 18:53 #19007
Sahin Kureta

You can find sy package here.

September 9, 2016 at 18:57 #19008
Sahin Kureta

I have cleaned the code a bit and added folder selection. Check it out if you like.

September 9, 2016 at 19:04 #19009
Jérôme
Jérôme

done…

THX very much ! :-)

September 9, 2016 at 19:44 #19010
Jérôme
Jérôme

Hello Sahin,

I’ve this problem : see attach picture

THX per advance……

Attachments:
  1. bach-to-SOL

bach-to-SOL.png

October 13, 2016 at 21:45 #19316
Sahin Kureta

Did you try clicking the bang labeled “<== If you load another bach export clear previous buffer by banging this.”

November 21, 2016 at 21:05 #19893
Jérôme
Jérôme

If’ve solve this problem by doing it and I’m sorry not to inform you before……

Cheers~

And many THX !!

November 21, 2016 at 21:26 #19894
Jérôme
Jérôme

Actually…

I found these bonus released for Ircam WS at november 2015, so I think I can share these bonus, write in the “old” mode (without SY objects). It’s really interesting !

Many THX for Daniele Ghisi and Jean Lochard !! :-)

Cheers~

………………………………………………………… jerome

November 21, 2016 at 21:57 #19896

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.