Group Admins

• Profile picture of bouchereau
  • Profile picture of daubresse
  • Profile picture of esling

Orchids

Public Group active 2 weeks, 3 days ago

Welcome to the Orchids user group.

This user group is devoted to the Orchids orchestration system and its users, but also on the topic of computer-aided orchestration and generic sound mixture optimization. In order to facilitate the exchange of bug reports, idea and collaborative thinking, we encourage any kind of report on errors, bad or good results, desired features, ideas, remarks and any other topic.

Please report any unsolved problem, ideas or even cool sounds to this group and we will be glad to discuss it. If you want to start using the software, please read the full documentation, which provides turnarounds to known issues: http://repmus.ircam.fr/_media/esling/orchids-documentation.pdf

http://forumnet.ircam.fr/user-groups/orchids/
http://forumnet.ircam.fr/product/orchids/

troubles with exporting…

Author 2 Subscribed Users |
Jérôme
Jérôme

Hello Orchids team,

I’ve tried to export as sound file a solution from Orchids (rendu.aiff) but it’s not succesful. And I can’t manage to export directly to Live.

Here’s the solution (capture.aiff) I get with recording the output to an extern recorder.

As you can hear there’s a real difference in between the two sound files. Is it normal or have I done something wrong (the parameters are set to default and it’s the way I get the less awful rendering).

Is it a bug or have I done something wrong (I don’t think so because i’ve done many tests) ?

for the “to do list” recording the solutions will be really usefull

Many thanks for the attention you’ll have to this report

cheers~

……………………………………… jerome

May 13, 2016 at 18:17 #18016
Profile photo of esling
esling

Dear Jerome,

There is actually a pretty straightforward solution to do so, which is located (hidden ? :)) on the far top right of the interface. The little round button next to the global level meter is actually a “main out record” button, which can allow you to record everything you make in real-time and then export that as a wav file. However, this solution will make a complete recording of everything you do or play.

Your export problem is indeed very odd ! Have you tried the “export as tracks to folder” option (last one on the export menu) which will export each instrument as a separate wave file ? I cannot reproduce your particular problem at home !

All the best,
Philippe

May 29, 2016 at 22:39 #18143
Jérôme
Jérôme

Dear Philippe,

the “little round button” does the job !! But when I try to export tracks, each track has the “chroma rendering like” and I can’t use them.

Just few little things: I’d like to save solutions and maquettes, there’s button to copy but not for paste.

finally, how can I exploiting OM export ?

Thank you very much in advance

………………………………………………… jerome

May 30, 2016 at 14:57 #18153
Profile photo of esling
esling

Dear Jerome,

I think that the typical Cmd-C + Cmd-V should work to copypaste between the solutions and maquette editor ? I am unsure about the inner workings of the OM export but I think you can try to directly import it, otherwise you can also cheat through Lilypond or XML format ?

Best,
Philippe

May 30, 2016 at 15:55 #18154

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.