Group Admins

• Profile picture of bouchereau
  • Profile picture of daubresse
  • Profile picture of esling

Orchids

Public Group active 6 hours, 5 minutes ago

Welcome to the Orchids user group.

This user group is devoted to the Orchids orchestration system and its users, but also on the topic of computer-aided orchestration and generic sound mixture optimization. In order to facilitate the exchange of bug reports, idea and collaborative thinking, we encourage any kind of report on errors, bad or good results, desired features, ideas, remarks and any other topic.

Please report any unsolved problem, ideas or even cool sounds to this group and we will be glad to discuss it. If you want to start using the software, please read the full documentation, which provides turnarounds to known issues: http://repmus.ircam.fr/_media/esling/orchids-documentation.pdf

http://forumnet.ircam.fr/user-groups/orchids/
http://forumnet.ircam.fr/product/orchids/

Using orchids on Virtual Machine

Author 3 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of kwolf002
kwolf002

Hi everyone,

I like orchids, but obviously, it has been a long time since EL Capitan was en vogue. So, I booted up a virtualbox machine using a virtualized copy of El Capitan and it is working nicely. More orchids for me!

I see this forum is a little dead, but maybe if we do this we can keep it up.

You can set it up yourself (for free) using this tutorial: tech forum tutorial

March 14, 2019 at 12:43 #30019
Profile photo of Carmine Emanuele Cella
Carmine Emanuele Cella

Hi

a new version of the orchestration tool will be available soon in the Forum.
Carmine

March 14, 2019 at 17:23 #30029
kwolf002

Hi Carmine,

Thanks for the update! I have been working with Ochidea also. Is it possible to set the output to be microtonal as it is in ORCHIDS?

kwolf002

March 14, 2019 at 20:53 #30030
Profile photo of sergeyvilka
sergeyvilka

Hi, Carmine!

Will be new version works as standalone on High Sierra or Mojave?

Thanks,
Sergey.

March 17, 2019 at 14:43 #30089
Carmine Emanuele Cella

Dear all
The microtonal setting will be available soon but not in this first release. You will still get output tuning in c’è nts but not quantized to microtones.
The software will be distributed as max toolbox and will run on all systems supported by max 7 and 8.
More info soon.
Carmine

March 17, 2019 at 17:09 #30090
kwolf002

Hi Carmine,

I was playing with Orchidea and was able to set microtonal settings in Bach, but does this mean that Orchidea.solve is not actually resolving microtones? The Bach tonedivision definitely realizes the output as microtonal. Is that incorrect?

I have sent a bug report, but I wanted to mention here that there is an error somewhere in the tam tam db file. Orchidea.solve cannot find the audio files to generate the realization.

Kwolf002

March 18, 2019 at 13:29 #30093
Carmine Emanuele Cella

Hi

thanks a lot for your comment on the Tam tam db. I’ll try to address the issue.
Regarding the microtonal output, you can indeed plot them as quantised by quarter tones, but the solution generated by Orchidea (audio) will be pitched to specific cents and not quantised. I’m trying to figure out a good way to address this issue too.
Best
carmine

March 18, 2019 at 18:41 #30100

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.