Spat

Public Group active 5 hours, 41 minutes ago

User group for Spat, panoramix and ToscA

HRTF @ 96khz filters

Author 3 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of ben
ben

Hi,
In an older thread (in 2015 – http://forumnet.ircam.fr/user-groups/spat/forum/topic/hrtf-selection-issue/ ) I saw the mention that you were planning to release hrtf filters with higher sample rates. However in the latest version of Spat I only found files for 44.1khz and some for 48khz. Are there any filter files available somewhere for 96khz sampling rate? I have some files at 96khz which I want to “binauralize” and would like to keep working at that sample rate if possible.
thanks,
ben

December 2, 2016 at 16:23 #20033
Profile photo of T.
T.

Hi Ben,

Yes, we have the data available for any sampling rate, but they are not yet shipped with Spat (that would be many GB).
I really really hope to make this data available early next year. I’m sorry it took so long since the last thread.
If you could wait till Jan/Feb, it’s fine. If you’re really in a hurry and need only a few specific files, send me a private message and I’ll see what I can do.

T.

December 2, 2016 at 18:08 #20036
Profile photo of ben
ben

Hi T,
Thanks for the quick reply! I’m still in the process of comparing various hrtf filters, so I’m not sure which file I’ll need, and I’ll keep working at 44,1k for now. It’s good to know the higher sample rates will soon be available.

On the side, from all the work/test you’ve been doing, is there a specific hrtf which would be more “generic” than the others, as in suitable for a larger amount of people?

thanks

December 2, 2016 at 18:23 #20037
Profile photo of T.
T.

Hi,

HRTF #1040 is used a lot and well appreciated.
However this is only based on informal listening, and there is yet no scientific evidence that this HRTF is “more generic” than the others.

T.

December 3, 2016 at 13:52 #20049
Profile photo of Klangschmied
Klangschmied

Hi T.
is there a dl-link for HRTF @ 48KHz?

May 13, 2017 at 16:02 #22365

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.