• Profile picture of T.

Spat

Public Group active 5 days, 23 hours ago

User group for Spat, panoramix and ToscA

live source input

Author 2 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of glenhall
glenhall

I am very new to Spat. While I have experimented with Oper using pre-recorded audio files, I can find no Spat patch which allows for mono, stereo or multichannel inputs.

Where can I find a live input patch, please?

Thanks.

Attachments:
  1. Screen-Shot-2015-03-15-at-5.34.46-PM

Screen-Shot-2015-03-15-at-5.34.46-PM.png

March 15, 2015 at 22:39 #12976
Profile photo of T.
T.

Hi Glenhall and welcome,

Spat supports either mono or stereo input streams (either pre-recorded or live).
For instance, have a look at the spat.spat~ help patch (i.e. spat.spat~.maxhelp).
In the “input” section, you can choose “microphone” as the audio source for realtime input.

Best,
T.

March 15, 2015 at 22:57 #12978
glenhall

Hi T,

Thanks so much for your quick reply.

The spat.spat~.maxhelp patch has 3 input sources. How can this patch be configured to accept 8 separate mono inputs using Soundflower?

Best wishes,

Glen

March 16, 2015 at 00:32 #12979
Profile photo of T.
T.

Hi,

This is rather straightforward.
See the attached patch.

(If not already done, I suggest you go through the MSP tutorials before diving into Spat)

T.

— Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. —
March 16, 2015 at 18:39 #12988
glenhall

Thank you. I got that working with your patch, although for some reason the reverb is not working. However, another issue is happening.

I am routing Omax into Spat. Omax requires my Motu Ultralite for its microphone input. Then it is routed via Soundflower 64-channel out. But Spat and Omax are both using Max. When I configure Omax, Spat receives the same configuration, which means it cannot get the output from Omax. It only gets the microphone from the Motu.

Is it possible to have Spat receive its input Omax’s output via Soundflower 64 AND have Omax get its input from the Motu in Max 6.1? I have Max 7, but neither Spat nor Omax works in the new version of Max.

Glen

March 17, 2015 at 02:23 #12989
Profile photo of T.
T.

Hi Glen,

* “for some reason the reverb is not working” : could you please clarify ?

* regarding your routing issue: if you have both OMax and Spat running in Max, then you can just inter-connect them (without the need for Soundflower).
The overall chain would be :
MOTU UltraLite —> Max/MSP —> OMax —> Spat —> output device

* “I have Max 7, but neither Spat nor Omax works in the new version of Max.” : again, please clarify your problem, otherwise we cannot help you.
I dont know for sure about OMax, but Spat is running fine in Max7.

T.

March 17, 2015 at 09:51 #12990

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.