• Profile picture of T.

Spat

Public Group active 5 days, 23 hours ago

User group for Spat, panoramix and ToscA

reverberance maximum value

Author 2 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of meudic
meudic

Hi, how to find an intermediate between the maximum value of reverberance and the option infinite in the spat oper reverb window ?
For instance would ‘reverberance’ 300 make sense ?
Moreover I used to give a value in ms for reverb duration (very handful), but I don’t get exactly to what corresponds ‘reverberance’.
Thanlks,
Benoit

February 26, 2015 at 15:11 #12817
Profile photo of T.
T.

Hi BenoƮt,

The ‘reverberance’ corresponds to the dimensionless perceptual factor associated with reverberation time.
It goes from 0 to 100, so ‘reverberance 300′ wont work.
You can switch the spat.oper display between perceptual factors and corresponding acoustical criteria using ‘ctrl + p’
to see the value of reverberation time (RT) expressed in seconds.

If you want to find an “intermediate between maximum value of reverberance and the infinite option”,
there is a “trick” which allows to overcome the limited [0 – 100] range of reverberance:
you could send the “room 1 crit tr0 $1″ message directly to spat.spat~.
With this message you can set the reverberation time (tr0) in seconds, from 0 to 100 sec (pretty much infinite).
(see attached patch)

However please be aware that, if you do so, your spat.oper’s reverberance wouldnt be up-to-date.

Alternatively you could use “spat.spat_~” (note the underscore) which is similar to spat.spat~
but with low-level control (i.e. control of reverberation time in seconds not with perceptual factors).

T.

— Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. —
  • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of T. T..
February 27, 2015 at 11:24 #12821
Profile photo of T.
T.

Also note that for “almost infinite” reverberation time,
it would be preferable to increase the number of internal channels of the reverb
(e.g. @numinternals 16) to ensure nice sounding reverb.

T.

February 27, 2015 at 11:28 #12823

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.