T.

A new version is available :

http://forumnet.ircam.fr/spat-4-7-7/

T.

April 27, 2015 at 14:52 #13365
Profile photo of puchifilou
puchifilou

Hello T.

There is no indication in the release notes about a fix for the B-Format elevation bug. I haven’t tested yet but I just would like to know if the bug has been fixed in this new release?

Best Regards,
Philippe.

April 27, 2015 at 15:21 #13372
Profile photo of T.
T.

Hi Philippe,

It’s not yet fixed. Sorry.
(I’m not yet sure what the problem is or if there really is a problem… Still investigating)

T.

April 27, 2015 at 15:24 #13373
Profile photo of NicoArnaez
NicoArnaez

Hi T.

I’m building an interactive sound installation with spat and needed 8 sound sources that move in a 8 speakers cube, with a cyclic simple trajectory. I managed to have it doing what I wanted. When I updated my spat to 4.7.7 the trajectories I wrote stopped working. It was my suspicion that my computer was playing a game, but when I came back to Spat 4.7.6 everything came back to normality.

Did spat 4.7.7 change the way we have to define azimuth, elevation or z axis (those are the ones I’m using)?, or is it a little bug?

Please, find attached the patch I’m working. It runs great on 4.7.6 but not 4.7.7

Thanks!

Attachments:
  1. Arnaez1.maxpat
September 10, 2015 at 05:24 #14711
Profile photo of T.
T.

Hi Nico,

Sorry for the late reply.
Indeed, there is a bug in 4.7.7 : some positioning messages are broken in [spat.oper].
This will be fixed in the next release.

I think the issues only affect [spat.oper], and a possible workaround would be to send all your positioning messages to [spat.viewer] first,
and then from [spat.viewer] to [spat.oper]. Dont know if that can help you.

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience.
T.

September 14, 2015 at 20:53 #14761
Profile photo of NicoArnaez
NicoArnaez

HI T. Nico again.
I tried your suggestion of going first to spat.viewer and from there to spat.oper but it doesn’t seems to be working, I can see the sources movies smoothly but the decoding is not happening, I cannot hear the trajectory that I’m seeing, is all broken and jumpy.
I tried to go back to 4.7.6 and it worked well first, but for some estrange reason when I rebooted my computer again one week after is now also broken on 4.7.6! I imagine that I didn’t fully uninstall 4.7.7 or something. Can you tell me how to get back to 4.7.6 completely?, how do I uninstall 4.7.7 entirely (I just deleted the folder in the packages folder)? if you think this is not my problem please help me?, my presentation is in 10 days and my patching is stuck because of this.
Thanks

October 12, 2015 at 06:29 #15100
Profile photo of T.
T.

Hi Nico,

First of all, it would be nice to clarify what is happening with your version.
1) You can send the ‘version’ message to any spat object to print its version (in the Max window)
2) In Max, you can also go to File/List Externals and Subpatcher files
This will tell you where are the externals files currently in use.
3) Deleting the spat folder from the Max packages folder should indeed completely uninstall spat.

Then could you try your patch with the attached spat.oper (version 4.8.0) and let me know if you still have some issues.

Best,
T.

October 12, 2015 at 11:12 #15110
Profile photo of puchifilou
puchifilou

Hello T.

I don’t manage to deactivate the defer option in spat.oper. When I uncheck the option, it immediately checks back.
I’ve tried on Max 6.1.10 & Max 7.0.5, I have reinstalled spat 4.7.7 version and I also tried with the 4.8.0 version of spat.oper you provided above but the behaviour stays the same. Any clue on why it reacts that way?

Regards,
Philippe.

October 28, 2015 at 14:32 #15679
Profile photo of T.
T.

Hi Philippe,

This feature is not yet available in spat.oper. (I think it only works in spat.viewer).
When the spat.oper window is open, the messages are deferred; they are not when the window is closed.

Anyway, I’m developing a new scheduling approach for spat objects, which hopefully should greatly improve the GUI refresh,
and avoid the backlog of messages. For future versions…

Regards,
T.

October 28, 2015 at 19:18 #15698

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.