Group Admins

• Profile picture of warusfel
  • Profile picture of T.

Spat

Public Group active 5 days, 23 hours ago

User group for Spat, panoramix and ToscA

Spat as standalone for finished musical pieces?

Author 2 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of NicoArnaez
NicoArnaez

Hi all,
I have a question/suggestion. I’m a new music composer, very interested on the use of the space as a musical parameter. I work in Max MSP since few years. I’m very interested in spat~, I’ve used it and I think it’s (as you may already know) an excellent and effective tool for composing, creating, expressing, researching, music and music art in general.
The one negative part of the program I found is the licensing. My pieces, when done, come with a score and a max patch in a “standalone application” version (by using this version I don’t force musicians to purchase Max for just performing my piece). Inside the max patch I want to use spat, but I know that the person who’s interested in performing the piece must have a spat license to make my patches work, I know it because when I want to run my standalone app in a computer that is not mine, it won’t launch until I enter the access key from IRCAM.
I found this inadequate and I believe there should be a solution to this problem, there should be a way of getting pieces performed when the owner of the license is not present anywhere where the piece will be played.
Would IRCAM or the spat developers open to create a solution to this problem? (like the Max developers did).
Comments?, ideas?
Thanks very much for your time.

Nicolás Arnáez

February 24, 2015 at 20:15 #12794
Profile photo of T.
T.

Hi Nicolas,

You’ll be happy to read this :
https://cycling74.com/forums/topic/ircam-max-objects-protection-is-gone/

T.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of T. T..
February 24, 2015 at 20:19 #12795
NicoArnaez

OMG!, I wasn’t aware of this!!, thanks so much T. for the info and thanks to IRCAM for this decision!!!!!

February 24, 2015 at 20:24 #12798
NicoArnaez

Hi again T.
Now that I know this new feature about licensing I am decided to start working seriously on spat. The institution where I work is the one having spat (and where I tried), now I want to have my own.
So, the steps to follow will be first to purchase spat~, second to installed and automatically I can use it in Max and include it on my standalone apps?….
Thanks so much for your time.

February 26, 2015 at 07:19 #12812
Profile photo of T.
T.

Hi Nicolas,

You are correct !

(NB : you may also consider the “Individual Premium Access” rather than purchasing just Spat…)

T.

February 26, 2015 at 10:34 #12813

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.