Spat

Public Group active 17 hours, 33 minutes ago

User group for Spat, panoramix and ToscA

Spat + windows 10

Author 3 Subscribed Users |
Profile photo of puchifilou
puchifilou

Hello T.

I am trying to install the latest version of spat on windows 10 and can’t make it work with Latest Max7.
I haven’t used any windows OS since windows XP, so I might be doing something wrong.

I installed latest windows version of Max7 and copied latest windows version of spat in Max7 package folder (Documents/Max7/Packages)
then Max7 outputs an “Error 126 loading external …..” for every spat patches I try to open.

Is there a windows trick I am not aware of? I tried a lot of things to no avail.

Best regards,
Philippe.

June 20, 2016 at 17:54 #18367
Profile photo of T.
T.

Hi Philippe,

Could you try to install the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015 (as detailed in the Release Note) and let me know if this fixes your problem ?

Spat∼ Windows version requires the “Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015″. You can (freely) download it from Microsoft website: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx? id=48145.
Select either “vcredist_x86.exe” or “vcredist_x64.exe” depending on your architecture, and follow the instruc- tions for installation.

T.

June 20, 2016 at 18:01 #18368
Profile photo of puchifilou
puchifilou

Thank you T. for your support. You solved my problem.

Best regards,
Philippe.

June 20, 2016 at 20:43 #18369
Profile photo of hcenteno
hcenteno

Hello,

I just purchased SPAT and I’m getting the same Error 126 in Max 7 (32 bits) for the spat.spat~ object. I reinstalled the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages (I already had them installed) and I’m still getting the same error. This is also in Windows 10.

March 28, 2017 at 16:29 #22019
Profile photo of hcenteno
hcenteno

Ah never mind. I hadn’t seen the instructions posted in the sticky in this forum about copying the SOFA support files. Fixed now. Sorry for the noise.

March 28, 2017 at 16:38 #22020
Profile photo of T.
T.

Great!

March 29, 2017 at 16:57 #22027

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.